Shipping and Receiving
Wilkes-Barre, Pa/ Full Time
Base Hours: M-F 7AM-3:30 PM (Day Shift).
Valley Distributing & Storage Co. is seeking a responsible Shipping/Receiving Coordinator for our Wilkes-Barre warehouse. Position is full time with benefits including family medical, dental, vision, 401K and vacation.
Responsibilities include scheduling inbound and outbound freight, data processing of customer receipts and orders, and generating related paperwork to support the Warehouse Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate logistics activities between customer, warehouse and transportation operations
- Interact directly with customers and warehouse operations including over the road truck drivers.
- Dock door management.
- Inventory management, process receipts, shipments, bill of ladings.
- Physical inventories and cycle count.
- Set pickup and delivery appointment with LTL and TL carriers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum qualifications include Bachelor’s degree.
- Transportation and/or logistics experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal, telephone and written (email) communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Requires knowledge of general office work (filing, use of a calculator, entering data, using the telephone) and computer proficiency.
- Must have responsible work habits, pass any pre-employment tests, and be interested in permanent work.