NON CDL YARD JOCKEY / FORKLIFT OPERATOR
Valley Distributing & Storage Co. is hiring a Yard Jockey / Forklift Operator at our Scranton Location.
YARD JOCKEY DUTIES
- Safely and efficiently operator a yard truck
- Spot trucks at the warehouse doors as directed from the Warehouse Manager / Shipping-Receiving Office
- Move trailers in the yard as needed for efficient and safe space utilization
- Complete daily yard truck safety and inspection checklist.
- Fuel yard truck, check and fill fluids, etc.
- Operate lift truck in a safe and efficient manner to load/unload trucks and/or rail cars.
- Move pallets and materials within the warehouse to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs.
- Check operations of the lift truck, using a checklist, and advise the supervisor of any malfunction.
- Hand pick and stack cases for customer orders as needed.
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 7:00AM – 3:30PM / Overtime and weekends as required
- Demonstrated forklift and/or order picker experience; Experience spotting trailers into dock doors
- Previous experience in a warehouse/distribution center.
- Has strong communication and math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely.
- Reliable transportation and good attendance record.
- Pre-employment qualifications include a background check and drug testing.
- Family health, vision, dental insurance benefits, along with disability and life insurance benefits after (60) days
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401(K) with 4% Company Match (after 1 year of service)
Apply online or in person
Valley Distributing & Storage Co.
Main Office: 76 Passan Drive, Wilke-Barre, PA 18702
Scranton Location: 1900 South Washington Ave, Scranton, PA 18505