The Warehouse Manager will oversee all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, returns processes maintenance and administrative activities to ensure safety and customer requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will provide a positive example of safety, performance, and reliability to the rest of the team.
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse leads and associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Develop and implement shipping and receiving work assignments to ensure efficient operation.
- Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment, and the facility is prevented.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Operate in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all customers. Assist in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
- Lead a staff from (10 – 15) employees plus temporary labor in 200,000SF warehouse.
- When needed, assist operation with loading, unloading, staging products and using powered industrial equipment.
- Ability to work extended hours / flexible hours as needed as well as some Saturdays.
- Material handling equipment experience a plus (sit down counterbalance forklifts, stand up narrow aisle lifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.)
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, extend, reach and twist for long periods of time.
- Practice safety first.
- Maintain a clean warehouse.
- Minimum qualifications include Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum (3) three years managerial experience.
- A broad range of management skills is required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning.
- Ability to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements. Must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience as warehouse manager or similar role working in fast-paced, hands-on operation.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF).
- Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers.