The Warehouse Lead will assist the Warehouse Manager. The ideal candidate will provide a positive example of performance, safety, and reliability to the rest of the team.
The Lead is responsible for monitoring that orders are picked and packed appropriately, on time and in certain priority. This position will also ensure that all orders are completed and processed before the end of the shift.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using powered industrial equipment.
- Pull and prepare products for shipment, ensuring the exact number and types of products are loaded.
- Follow customer requirements and/or other instructions to ensure accuracy: load count, stability of product, and that all products are loaded and unloaded safely.
- Conduct operations and equipment in a manner that promotes safety and report unsafe conditions that can’t be self-corrected to the leadership team.
- Lead a staff from (5 – 10) people in 200,000SF warehouse
- Lead temporary labor as required
- Ability to work extended hours/over-time/ flexible hours as needed as well as some Saturdays
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Material handling equipment experience. (Sit down counterbalance forklifts, stand up narrow aisle lifts, electric pallet jacks, etc.), 2 year minimum
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs.
- Three years of experience in a warehousing/distribution environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, extend, reach, and twist for long periods of time.
- Practice safety first.
- Maintain a clean warehouse
- Proven experience as warehouse lead or similar role working in fast paced, hands-on operation
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF)
- Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers