Provide the vocational/technical skills necessary to maintain company buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. at ten different locations within a twenty five mile radius. An integral function consists of maintaining HVAC infrastructure, snow and ice removal, lawn cutting, landscaping, building repairs, maintenance, projects. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
Visit our website at www.valleydist.com.
Responsibilities and Duties
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and practice of safe work habits
- Routine building maintenance
- Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Perform snow plowing, snow removal, and salt spreading required by weather conditions as well as cutting grass, sweeping, raking and landscaping
- Oversee seasonal employees
- Operate forklift
- Dump trash bins
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed
- Knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical practices and techniques
- Be able to work with other team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- On call rotations requiring 24/7 availability and dependability
Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more / push and pull a push mower seasonally.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers, and/or supervisor. REASONING ABILITY Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE High school diploma and a minimum of three years’ related experience and/or training. Qualifications
Must have a valid PA driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work. Safe and responsible work habits with the ability to pass pre-employment screening.
Position is full time / permanent. Competitive salary with family benefit package, health, dental, vision, vacation, 401K with company match
Send resume or detailed experience to email@example.com or call to apply:
Valley Distributing & Storage
76 Passan Drive, Laflin, PA 18702